Derby Hospitals Charity Privacy Statement
Derby Hospitals Charity is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This policy sets out how and why Derby Hospitals Charity collects and uses your personal information. If you have any queries about this policy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
Derby Hospitals Charity is a registered charity (no 1061812), whose registered office is Royal Derby Hospital, Uttoxeter Road, Derby DE22 3NE.
If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and with the Data Protection Act 1998.
This policy explains how the Derby Hospitals Charity uses the personal information you provide to us and that we collect, whether online, via phone, via email, in letters or in any other correspondence.
We ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning data protection of personal information. This policy explains:
- How we collect information from you
- What information we may collect about you
- How we will use that information
- Whether we disclose your details to anyone else
- Your choices regarding the information you provide to us
How do we collect information?
We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- When you make an enquiry by phone, email or by any other means
- When you are organising your own fundraising event to raise money for Derby Hospital Charity
- When you sign up for our lottery or one of our organised events
- Through our use of Google Analytics cookies
By using our website or any of our services, or providing us with any personal data, you agree to your personal data being used and disclosed in the manner set out in this policy.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Full name and title
- Contact information including address and post code. This can also include place of work.
- Phone numbers and email addresses
- Bank account details (if donating by debit or credit card/setting up a direct debit for regular donations)
- Date of birth
- We may collect information relating to your health and next of kin if you take part in one of our events or volunteer with us. We do not usually collect ‘sensitive’ personal data unless there is a clear reason for doing so such as taking part in an event. This ensures that we can provide appropriate facilities.
If you sponsor a person using an online giving platform such as Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving and you indicate that you would like to hear from us, then they may pass on your contact details to us so that we can tell you more about our Charity. You should check the Privacy Statements of sites such as Just Giving, before you give them your information.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We require this information for the following reasons:
- Administration purposes and internal record keeping
- To thank you for your donations, volunteering, or other support
- To respond to you if you have made an enquiry
- We may use the information to keep you up to date with what is happening at Derby Hospitals Charity via our twice-yearly Exchange newsletter
- We may periodically send letters or emails about fundraising events which we think may interest you
- We may use other companies to provide services on our behalf, including sending postal mail and emails, checking our supporter’s personal information is accurate and up to date, and processing credit card payments. We will only provide these companies with the information they need to deliver the service. We do comprehensive checks on these companies before we work with them, and we put a contract in place that sets out our expectations and requirements.
- To analyse use of the Charity’s website (we are not able to identify you personally – please see information about Cookies)
Legal Basis for processing
We process your data as described in this Privacy Statement because we have a legitimate need to do so to meet our charitable objectives. Some processing of data may be carried out to perform a contract with you, or it is required by law, such as the completion of due diligence, or obligations for processing Gift Aid on your donations.
We will only use your email or telephone information to contact you for fundraising or marketing purposes if we have your explicit consent to do so. In some cases, we may not yet have received consent from you to contact you by post, but feel that you may be interested in our communications (for example, if you have recently supported us in some way, perhaps by donating or signing up for a fundraising event). We may exercise our legitimate interest to contact you by post in these circumstances, but we will always carry out an assessment beforehand to ensure that the way we use your data is fair and does not exceed what you would reasonably expect to receive from us.
You will always be given the opportunity to opt out of communication by any channel at any time, and we will always make it clear to you how to do this. You can email us at email@example.com or call 01332 785731
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may sometimes contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that external website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You have a right to restrict our collection or use of your personal information. When you are asked to fill in a form on our website, there will always be a box that you can tick if you do not want the information to be used for marketing purposes. You can also control the means by which we contact you, e.g. telephone, post, email. You can change your contact preferences at any time.
If you have previously given us your permission to contact you and have now changed your mind, you can let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling 01332 785731 or writing to Derby Hospitals Charity, Royal Derby Hospital, Uttoxeter Road, Derby, DE22 3NE
If you request that we do not contact you again for general marketing purposes (receiving Exchange newsletter), we will respect your wishes.
If you ask not to receive any communications from us, please be aware that your personal information may still retained and marked to prevent you from receiving any communications in future and to allow us to have our work independently audited. You have a right to ask us to stop using your personal information, and if it’s not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us for, we will do so. In doing so, we will be able to guarantee that you will not receive communications in the future, because we will have marked your record with a note that you do not wish to be contacted.
We do not have any access to your medical records. We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties. We will not share your information with a third party for their own purposes unless required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please request this in writing to the address above. If you believe that any of the information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can correct the information.
Your debit and credit card information
If you use your credit or debit card to donate to us or pay for a registration online or over the phone, we will ensure that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. Only staff authorised and trained to process payments will be take your donation.
Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed onto your device by some websites that you visit. They are widely used to improve the performance of a website, for saving different options and to provide website owners with information on how the site is being used.